Eat this delicious Paleo Pepperoni Mushroom Mozzarella Pizza with Cauliflower Crust to stay full for longer and burn more fat!
One of the foods that most people miss the most when they switch to “Eating Paleo” is good old-fashioned pizza.
I’ve tried a few variations of gluten-free pizza recipes out there – but although some of them have a decent taste, they are almost ALWAYS very high glycemic and spike your blood sugar significantly (like a lot of “gluten-free” labeled foods) – so for a while, I ‘gave up’ on pizza… After all, even eating normal pizza on your “cheat day” can still do some harm to your digestive system from the significant amount of gluten in normal pizza crust.
This is also one of the ONLY ways to make a truly low-carb pizza, since as you know, most gluten-free crusts are still a massive carb bomb to your blood sugar. You can choose to make this with real cheese instead of trying to make it dairy-free if you have no issues digesting dairy. But if you’re dairy sensitive, just eliminate the cheese and do more veggie and meat toppings.
One other comment on this recipe… You really can’t pick these pizza slices up with your hands and eat them because they do fall apart much easier than regular crust, so I’d recommend just eating it with a fork.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional if you’re trying to reduce dairy)
- 1 egg
- Coconut oil or grass fed butter to grease the cookie sheet
The toppings (any combination that you like)
- Organic pepperoni
- Organic bacon
- Organic chicken sausage
- Various veggies (onions, mushrooms and peppers are my favorite mix)
- Black olives
- Dried oregano
- Homemade or store bought organic tomato sauce
- Organic Mozzarella cheese (optional if you’re trying to go dairy-free)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large cookie sheet with your coconut oil or grass fed butter.
2. Cut up your cauliflower into pieces so that you can steam it.
3. Steam your cauliflower (or boil it) for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Strain out the water, let the cauliflower cool, and strain out any additional water. Mix the cauliflower, egg, spices, parm cheese, olive oil and salt in a big bowl by mashing it with a masher or using hand beaters to mix thoroughly.
4. Press the cauliflower mash out to 1/4 inch thick crust and then bake for 20 minutes. I’d recommend making 2-3 smaller crusts instead of 1 large crust as it’s easier to handle.
5. Flip the crusts over and put back in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, add your sauce and toppings. Place back in the oven for 5-6 minutes to heat and melt the toppings.
7. Remove from the oven and enjoy your tasty low-carb gluten-free Paleo-ish pizza!
With it, you’ll not only get ridiculously tasty & healthy recipes like the one above, but you’ll also get bonuses like the “Paleo 4x Cookbook”, which shows you simple, easy to make recipes with just 4 ingredients. You’ll also get another guide that shows you how to stay healthy when you’re eating out – so you don’t have to sacrifice your social life for a healthier diet. Get your Paleo Cookbook Bundle now!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Your Fitness University