The health of your heart and body depends heavily on what you consistently eat. How much, when and what you eat matters. If you eat haphazardly, you will get haphazard results.
Leslie Clem, BS, MPH, RD and owner of Healthy Hearts Nutrition, LLC can help you stay healthy.
Leslie is a coach, motivator, educator and nutrition expert. Here is a quote from her site:
“Nutrition plays a key role in so many health conditions, including diabetes, obesity, heart disease, celiac disease, gastrointestinal diseases, food allergies and intolerances, high cholesterol and cancer. Optimal nutrition can also help athletes achieve peak athletic performance. Eating well can improve immunity, enhance appearance, and increase energy. Registered Dietitians can help you make the lifestyle changes you need to be healthy today!”
Leslie also provides medical nutrition therapy which includes a review of your eating habits, a thorough review of your medical history and a personalized nutrition treatment plan.
Here are my 7 reasons to avoid extreme weight loss diets:
1. Your body deserves better than what an extreme weight loss diet can give it. Food is meant for nourishment and enjoyment. An extreme weight loss diet will not help you develop good eating habits.
2. Severe calorie-restricted dieting will cause your body to store fat as a survival mechanism. A credible fat loss and weight loss program always allows you to eat enough food for your body to operate as it should.
3. Your metabolism will slow and become wrecked if you continue to try every new extreme weight loss diet that hits the market!
4. Your immune system will weaken and health problems await you if you become a veteran of these harmful diets! Who wants to walk around with headaches and body aches all the time?
5. Extreme weight loss diets create hormonal imbalances and aggitates your nervous system. In other words, you will be a mess!
6. These diets generate loss of muscle mass. If you lose 20 pounds in 10 days using severe calorie restriction with no exercise, just about all of that weight loss will be due to lost muscle mass and some water weight. One of the best ways to speed up your metabolism is to increase muscle mass.
Muscle is metabolically active tissue and your body has to work harder to maintain muscle. You need to build a lean body that will give you good health and one that will last through the years of your life. If you rush the fitness process, it won’t work.
7. If you don’t eat properly, you won’t have enough energy to do anything the right way and that includes no energy to exercise.
So, visit Leslie at Healthy Hearts Nutrition and she will tell you the truth about healthy nutrition and what you need to do!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Her Fitness Hut