Leg exercises (free weight and bodyweight) will help you burn more calories and fat during and after your workouts.
1. You activate more muscle fibers by doing leg exercises such as squats, lunges, deadlifts, step ups, mountain climbers and sprints.
2. You will also activate the bulky fast-twitch muscle fibers which shape and sculpt your legs better. Fast-twitch muscle fibers will lie dormant if you don’t “fire them up.”
3. Your core will also get work, especially with squats, lunges and deadlifts.
4. You will burn more calories during and after your workout because your metabolism stays elevated longer.
5. Your workouts will be shorter and more intense because you will be doing compound (multi-joint) exercises.
Always do leg exercises early in your workout order because they take so much energy from you. Single-joint exercises like bicep curls and calf raises should be done at the end of your workout order.
Download your Free Bodyweight 500 Metabolic Fat Burner Workouts and start shaping your body faster!