You can blast your butt, hip and leg fat better by working out smarter. Use a combination of strength and power exercises to burn fat faster.
You may have the following trouble areas on your body:
- over-sized butt
- “saddle bags” forming on the hips or
- “jiggling jelly” thighs (including cellulite).
As for cellulite, it is actually collections of fat just underneath (subcutaneous fat) the skin which causes it to dimple, pucker up or lump up.
There are many factors that determine whether you have cellulite—your genes, gender, skin thickness and amount of body fat all play a part. What you need to know is that there are no quick fixes for cellulite (despite what some commercials promote)! Some treatments such as liposuction and mesotherapy may give you some TEMPORARY relief from your cellulite.
Liposuction is actually meant to remove deep fat tissue (visceral fat) and not cellulite. In my opinion, your best bet would be to reduce overall body fat through weight training and high intensity interval cardio.
Here are 5 top butt and hip fat burning exercises:
1. Squats. This is a must-do foundational exercise and there are many variations: side squat, two-legged squat, one-legged squat, plie squat, dumbbell/barbell squat, prisoner squat, Y-squat, overhead barbell squat, front squat, hack squat, split squat, bulgarian split squat, etc. Work them all in to keep your workouts challenging and fresh.
2. Squat Jumps – This is one of the best power exercises to sculpt your lower body. Do them full speed after mastering your jumping and landing techniques.
3. Step Ups – Do this exercise on a knee-high platform to work your butt and hamstrings more. Front, side and transverse step ups will give you the shape you want.
4. Mountain Climbers – This is one of the toughest exercises available to you. Do them full speed to get maximum fat-burning benefits. This exercise will really challenge your core strength to do it correctly.
5. Lunges – You love lunges! Do them forward, reverse, side, walking, walking with rotation, jumping, with medicine balls and with dumbbells.
Some other leg exercises you should do to roundout your program are: Romanian deadlift, glute/ham drops, leg curls, standing hip abductions/adductions, marching bridges (pictured above), calf raises, sprint intervals, jump rope, jumping jacks, speed skaters and lateral/front-to-back cone hops.
Butt-blasting exercise is tough but rewarding…..mix in more of these exercises to get better and faster results!
Be sure and download your Free Curves, Abs and Upper Body Fat Burn Manual and start shaping your body faster!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Her Fitness Hut