You must burn body fat to lean, tone and shape your figure….this is more than just weight loss.
You definitely want to keep your metabolism active and ramped up. You also need to know how to do that. Drinking cold water and eating spicy foods might help speed your metabolism a little. But, you need to do the things that significantly speeds up your metabolism day to day and over the longhaul.
Speed up your metabolism at any age to help you burn more calories during the day and at rest.
Try these 5 top metabolism boosters if you want to improve your fat loss, weight loss and shape your figure faster:
1. Do not skip meals (eat 4 to 6 small meals a day). Eating regularly keeps your metabolism humming during the day. Starving yourself or severely cutting your calories will only slow your metabolism.
2. Regular exercise (interval cardio 2-3 days a week/weight training 3 days a week). Building muscle mass will speed up your metabolism because your body has to work harder to maintain muscle.
The more intense the exercise, the more calories and fat you will burn during and after your workout. So, high intensity interval cardio and circuit weight training will give you more fat burn and calorie burn. Breaking up your workouts also works well to speed up metabolism (i.e., two 20 minute workouts instead of one 40 minute workout).
3. Eat more protein. Your body has to work harder to digest protein. Research has proven that protein keeps blood sugar levels more steady when you have a meal that includes carbohydrates. Protein helps you feel fuller for a longer period. Protein also keeps the hunger hormone (ghrelin) in check so your hunger doesn’t spike so high. Just include protein foods with each meal.
Drinking a fast-digesting whey protein drink before and after your weight training workout helps your body repair and rebuild your muscles.
4. Eat good carbs like fresh fruits and veggies.
Eating more fiber will improve your overall health and belly fat reduction. Your body cannot digest fiber and there are two forms:
–Soluble fiber dissolves in water and produces a gel-like substance in your stomach. This substance helps digested food move slowly through the small intestine and slows down food absorption and release of nutrients into the bloodstream. Soluble fiber also limits the amount of cholesterol released into the blood. Oats are high in soluble fiber.
–Insoluble fiber cannot be broken down once entering the stomach and increases in size by absorbing water. This type of fiber speeds up foods absorption once it enters into the small intestine. Insoluble fiber cleans your system as it travels through your body.
Eat both types of fiber to help you feel fuller for longer and to help stabilize blood sugar levels. Eating 25-35 grams of daily fiber per day will help fight belly fat. Fruits and vegetables have both types of fiber.
Eating fresh fruits can help you cut out the excess sugar in your diet in the form of high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS).
Dr. David Ludwig, a Harvard endocrinologist, who is widely cited by obesity researchers, says that sweetened drinks are the only specific food that clinical research has directly linked to weight gain. “Highly concentrated starches and sugars promote overeating, and the granddaddy of them all is sugar-sweetened beverages,” said Ludwig, who runs the Optimal Weight for Life Program at Children’s Hospital in Boston.
5. Get enough sleep and stay away from long-term stress. Your body will not operate the way it should with consistent sleep deprivation.
Do these things on a consistent basis and you will get the fat loss and weight loss you want!
Do you want to:
- Eat Better to be Healthier, Burn More Fat and Lose Permanent Weight?
- Have Your BEST Looking Body Naked or in Smaller-Sized Clothes?
- Feel Better than You have Felt in Months or Years?
- Have the Energy to Accomplish Your Daily Goals?
Be sure and register for my FREE 3-Step Fix-Your-Diet-Now Plan!
I will coach you to transform your body and its definitely not just about weight loss. You will learn what it takes to change your eating habits and lifestyle and start remaking your body a healthy, energized and lean fat-burning machine!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES