Start shaping your lean body now–what are you waiting on? There are no new magic lean body secrets out there. Be consistent with your fat loss and weight loss program and you will get and stay lean and toned—in time.
Here are 5 Lean Body building tips that always work, if you’re willing to work hard:
1. Jump exercises, and other high intensity exercises, burn more fat and shape your body better….period.
If your exercise program is stalling your progress, ramp up the intensity of your workouts. Jumps are good examples that help you burn more fat and lose more weight—sooner.
Mix up your routine a little with some jump training. Jump training has many benefits which include: burning body fat, strengthening bones and increasing power.
Jump training is high intensity training, placing great stress on the bones, joints, and connective tissue. Jump training places you at greater risk of injury than less intense training exercises. It is important to perform the exercises correctly before implementation of full-speed exercises.
Jumping and landing techniques should be mastered to avoid knee and low back injuries. Exercises should be performed on safe surfaces such as rubber mats, sprung floors, grass or sand. Concrete or other similar hard surfaces expose you to injury. And, you should have good core and lower body strength to reduce chances of injury.
A good place to start is with jump rope exercises. There are many variations of jumping rope: two legs, one leg, alternating legs, shuffles, slalom, etc.
You can progress to eventually jumping rope at full speed. Jumping rope is one of the best exercises for burning calories, burning fat, increasing bone density and improving coordination/balance.
Another good jump exercise is jump squats. Learn proper jumping and landing techniques before progressing to full speed execution of this exercise.
2. If you want fat loss, weight loss and a lean and toned body then you MUST eat for fat loss. Everyone needs a meal plan. You need to have some sort of idea of what you are going to eat for the day. If you don’t have a meal plan, you might eat anything at any time!
If you have a plan, you are more likely to follow it or at least eat similar foods. And, record what you eat in a food journal to hold yourself accountable.
3. Burn more fat by working large muscle groups, not by working out longer. Maximize your time in the gym and get the results you want! The quality of your workouts are better than the quantity of your workouts.
Shorten your weight training workouts to 50 minutes (3 days a week) or less and ramp up the intensity. Doing this will give you more fat burn and calorie burn during and after your workout.
Compound strength exercises (with weights or bodyweight) like squats, deadlift, lunges, standing bentover rows, squat-to curl-to press and bench press are great examples. Full-body core exercises like planks and side planks work well also. Spend less time posing on “mirror exercises” like bicep curls, calf raises and tricep extensions.
4. Do short, intense cardio workouts (about 20 minutes, 3 days a week). Sprint Intervals or similar cardio exercises activate and shape the bulkier, shapely fast-twitch muscle fibers. This type of cardio will also burn fat and calories like crazy and give you superior heart health!
5. Walk 30 minutes every day, especially on your non-workout days. Walking helps you to keep an active lifestyle.
Consistently do these 5 things and you WILL have the lean and toned body of your dreams!
Burn fat and shape your curves leaner and meaner. You will look and feel great!
Download your Free Curves, Abs and Upper Body Fat Burn Manual and start shaping your body faster!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Her Fitness Hut