Its one thing to lose weight….and yet another to keep the weight off.
Have you lost weight? Will it last? Or, will you weigh 30 pounds more in 2 months than you do today? Sure, you can starve yourself and lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks. But, when you begin to eat again, you will put the pounds back on.
Quick weight loss implies that its something that won’t last. Weight loss and beauty is not worth much without health!
Here are 5 reasons that people regain weight:
1. If you have lost significant body weight by severe calorie restriction and no exercise, you WILL put the weight back on. You can’t maintain a diet like this for too long. Change your eating habits to give you long-term success. Whole, natural foods are meant to be enjoyed and to provide nourishment. You also need to eat enough to fuel the tough workouts it will take to transform your body.
Eat a balanced diet based on the macronutrients (healthy fats, carbohydrates, protein) before progressing to more advanced eating strategies like carb cycling.
For instance, you should eat protein with every meal. Protein is critical for rebuilding muscle tissues after workouts. Protein also helps you control calorie intake because you stay fuller for longer.
If you want fat loss and lasting weight loss, your workouts need to be intense enough to build muscle and burn fat. And, you need to be patient as your body changes its composition to lean and toned. That would stop you from ever trying a quick weight loss program designed to give you short-term weight loss but long-term failure.
2. If you watch and believe weight loss infomercials, you will never have lasting weight loss. Businesses are trying to make money off of you and they’ll lie, tell half-truths or present unproven facts to get it. You have to make a choice to believe or not believe those lies.
Fad dieters are always looking for the next pill, diet or fat blocker to change their bodies. The dream never comes true. Doctors, dieticians, and fitness experts agree that the best way to burn fat and lose weight is to eat higher quality calories, exercise regularly and increase your daily activity. Don’t look for shortcuts.
3. If you don’t incorporate healthy lifestyle habits while you are trying to lose weight, your weight loss won’t last. This is basically common sense. If you get adequate nightly sleep, limit excessive stress, don’t smoke, limit excessive alcohol consumption, exercise regularly and eat mainly whole, natural foods, you will have a healthier/fit body. Practice these types of healthy habits on most days.
4. If you are depending on weight loss supplements to lose weight long-term, you will be disappointed.
Research has proven that these supplements have no long-term benefit. Also, some of these supplements could be harmful to your health.
5. If you don’t drink mainly water and unsweetened drinks for your fluids, you will put the weight back on. You have to drink something. Drink wisely.
To help you drink fewer sugary drinks (empty calories) and eat less, drink about an ounce of water for every pound of your body weight every day. So, if you weigh 140 pounds, drink about 70 ounces of water a day. If you workout, drink even more water (a cup of water for every 15 minutes of exercise).
Foods high in water content count towards your water consumption.
Do you want to:
- Eat Better to be Healthier, Burn More Fat and Lose Permanent Weight?
- Have Your BEST Looking Body Naked or in Smaller-Sized Clothes?
- Feel Better than You have Felt in Months or Years?
- Have the Energy to Accomplish Your Daily Goals?
Be sure and register for my FREE Fast Start Weight Loss Transformation!
I will coach you to transform your body and its definitely not just about weight loss. You will learn what it takes to change your eating habits and lifestyle and start remaking your body a healthy, energized and lean fat-burning machine!