Leg strength exercises (free weight and bodyweight) will help you burn fat and shape your total body.
Here are 5 good fat-burning reasons to do more leg strength exercises:
1. You activate more full-body muscle fibers by doing leg strength exercises.
2. You will also activate the bulky fast-twitch muscle fibers which shape and sculpt your legs better. Fast-twitch muscle fibers will lie dormant if you don’t “fire them up.”
3. Your core will also get work, especially with squats, lunges and deadlifts.
4. You will burn more calories during and after your workout because your metabolism stays elevated longer.
5. Your workouts will be shorter and more intense because you will be doing compound (multi-joint) exercises.
Every woman I know wants toned butt, hips and thighs. And, you should want that and more…..a toned, healthy body should be the goal for you. You must build muscle and burn fat to get that done.
Problem areas for many women are the butt, hips (saddle bags) and thighs (jiggling jelly)…..
To be effective to the max, your total body should be trained with strength training and interval cardio.
Here are some good leg strength exercises to do regularly:
Squats—bodyweight, dumbbell, barbell, split, lateral, one-legged squats, Bulgarian split, etc. Mix it up but do them.
Deadlifts—traditional, stiff-legged or other variations
Step ups—front, lateral and transverse
Lunges—walking, front, reverse, side, transverse
Standing cable or machine hip abductors
Standing hip extensions
You will burn more leg and total body fat if you do strength exercises standing up.
Do 3 days-a-week of full body strength training. If these exercises become easy for you, then increase resistance or weights.
Always do leg exercises early in your workout order because they take so much energy from you. Single-joint exercises like bicep curls and calf raises should be done at the end of your workout order.
Burn fat and shape your curves leaner and meaner. You will look and feel great!
Download your Free Curves, Abs and Upper Body Fat Burn Manual and start shaping your body faster!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Her Fitness Hut