If you can make it through the festive month of December and not gain weight, you are doing well my friend! Schedules and routines get interrupted more in this month than probably any month. And, holiday eating parties seem to be around every corner.
Here are 5 quick and easy tips for holiday weight management for the month of December:
1. First, stop belly fat in its tracks by limiting alcohol consumption and sugary beverages by drinking mainly water and unsweetened drinks like green tea.
Here’s are 2 other great eating tips for any season, especially for the holidays: Get full on protein and fibrous foods first. Lean meats, fish, nuts, yogurt, fruits, veggies and salad greens feel you up for longer and prevent you from eating too many of the quick carbohydrates like sugary desserts, sugary drinks and other sugary (or high fructose corn syrup) foods. If you do eat a sugary food, combining it with a lean protein will keep your blood sugar levels from spiking too high.
2. Your body is your best exercise equipment. During this busy time, bodyweight workouts are perfect because you can do them anywhere, anytime. You can get “lean and mean” (and natural-looking) doing bodyweight exercises.
3. Butt, hip and thigh fat a problem? Try these exercises often: squats, side lunges, sprint intervals and jumps (like squat jumps, jump rope, speed hops and platform jumps).
4. Have upper body flab you want to burn? First, concentrate on full body strength training to burn total body fat. Spot training won’t work. But, you can do exercises like chest press on ball, pullups, rows, triceps dips on bars and shoulder presses to burn arm, chest, back and belly fat.
Note: Although strength training won’t increase the size of your breasts, you can firm up your chest area and breasts by burning fat. Chest press on ball works great for this purpose.
5. Don’t go overboard on cardio….too much cardio, like 5-6 hours a week, will waste away your muscle mass. And, if you only do cardio, you will NEVER get lean and toned!
Have a safe and happy month!
Do you want to:
Eat Better to be Healthier, Burn More Fat and Lose Permanent Weight?
Have Your BEST Looking Body Naked or in Smaller-Sized Clothes?
Feel Better than You have Felt in Months or Years?
Lifestyle and Weight Management Specialist and Myofascial Release/Self Massage Specialist. Since 2006, I have helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle habit changes with my 5-Star Body Transformation Plan, where YOU are the main STAR. The 5-Star Plan helps you to achieve better long-term health, which includes body transformation and ideal body weight. I do not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.