Making the decision to become a vegetarian means entering into an entirely new world, one where you are likely feeling out of your depth and starting from the bottom. You will make mistakes on your journey, but, with a little help, you will find your feet. Don’t give up at the first hurdle if you run into difficulties. You will find that those who have gone before you are more than willing to guide your course. These 30 blogs are full of personal accounts, useful resources and recipes that will take you to vegetarian heaven.
Coping with Change
Of course, once you embark on the path of vegetarianism, a lot of things in your life are going to change. Some changes you will expect, while others may come as a complete shock. This is normal with any major lifestyle change. To help you weather the storm and stay the course, these five blogs will prepare you for what’s ahead.
- Becoming Vegetarian
- But What if Your Sweetheart is a Meat-Eater?
- For those considering becoming vegetarian
- Recipes and Tips for Healthy Travel
- TO FEED AND BE FED.
New Vegetarian Mistakes
There are many misconceptions about being vegetarian, which could lead you to make dangerous health choices. That is why it is best to know the dos and don’ts of being a vegetarian early on, so as to avoid picking up bad habits. Basically, you will not become automatically healthy by virtue of being vegetarian. You still need to eat a balanced, nutritious diet. These five blogs separate the facts from the fiction, and discuss some of the biggest mistakes made by new vegetarians.
- The number 1 mistake of new vegetarians & how to avoid it
- Five Common Mistakes New Vegans Make
- Common Mistakes in the Vegetarian Diet
- Healthy Eating Mistakes That Even Expert Vegans Make
- A Big Mistake Many People Make with a Plant Based Diet
Nutritional intake is the most important aspect of any diet. Being a vegetarian does not mean you will lose out on key nutrients, despite what you may have heard. Provided that you take the time to learn how to source the nutrients that you need, you can still live a hearty and healthy life. Take a course in vegetarian nutrition 101, with these five blogs.
- The Benefits of Raw Garlic
- The 13 Best Vegan and Vegetarian Proteins
- Key nutrients for vegetarians, vegans and raw vegans
- Helping Vegetarian Athletes Get the Nutrients They Need
- What Nutrients Do Vegetarians Really Need to Worry About?
Staying Fit, Veggie Style
Another myth that plagues vegetarians is the completely unfounded belief that veggie lovers are weak and perpetually tired. This is simply not true, as long as you eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. Vegetarians are not limited in the physical exercise that they can do, either. There are vegetarian bodybuilders, martial artists and professional athletes in many other disciplines, too. So if you want to stay fighting fit, check out the programs and advice in these five blogs.
- The One True Secret of Endless Motivation (And 12 Ideas for Finding Yours)
- My Three Years as a Vegetarian
- 3 Nutrition Myths That Impact Your Workout
- A year of Lean Eating: From Kevin Littler’s personal journal
- Hard n Fast Workouts
Food and Recipes
At some point, as a vegetarian, you are going to need to eat. It’s kind of part of the deal. While you might struggle to get creative in the kitchen in the beginning, you’ll soon have an arsenal of recipes at your disposal. Learning to cook vegetarian meals might even help you to convert family and friends, too. Whether you are a gourmet cook or a kitchen novice, these five blogs will help you navigate the world of vegetarian food.
- How to Make Ghee
- Recipes: A Vegetarian Picnic
- creamy millet corn chowder with greens
- Thin Oat and Ginger Crisps
Resources for Vegetarians
There are some excellent vegetarian groups and authors out there who work hard to ensure that no one goes through the journey alone. Use these resources to your benefit – they will make your life so much easier. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been a vegetarian for a week or for the last 10 years, you will find something of worth in these five blogs.
- Modernist Vegetarian – OUT NOW
- Grills Gone Vegan – a review and a recipe for Portobello Bruschetta
- A Review of Kids Live Well website by a Plant-based Mom
- What Schools Are (And Aren’t) Doing to Solve “The Freshman Fifteen”
- The Veggie Table: Favorite Vegan and Vegetarian Smartphone Apps
Catherine Ebeling and Mike Geary are co-authors of the popular ebook, Fat-Burning Kitchen, which shows you how to totally revamp your kitchen to make your body a fat-burning machine!