by Rosa Wilson
Prior to the invention of modern medicines, herbs and spices were used to treat various conditions, and have been used to treat illnesses for thousands of years. While the spices may not have cured everything, these people were onto something. Spices help the body function better and improve your overall health. Some spices are multi-taskers, so don’t be surprised if you see some spices in multiple categories.
Take a look at these 30 blog entries to get an idea of which spices might be able to help you.
Heart attacks are one of the leading causes of death in men and women, so if you can eat your way to better heart health, wouldn’t that be worth a try? These five blog posts will explain the different spices and how they work in your body to improve your heart health.
- 3 Spice Bottles That Protect Your Heart and Reduce Inflammation
- New Research: Which Herbs and Spices Improve Your Health
- Spice Up Your Health
- Eating for the Healthy Heart
- Spices May Really Be the Spice of Life
Inflammation in your joints and body as a whole can cause you a lot of pain. However, taking typical over the counter pain relievers can have adverse effects on your kidneys. Adding spices to your daily food intake could reduce or eliminate the need to take over the counter pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Herbs and Spices That Improve Your Oral Health
- Spice it Up
- How to Improve Your Health? Try Using Spices!
- Spice it Up
- 5 Healing Benefits of Ginger
Several spices have anti-bacterial properties that can help improve your immune system. By eating these spices your body can more easily ward off the germs that can cause colds and the flu. You may be able to stay healthier simply by adding some extra spice to your diet
- How Curry Spice Helps The Immune System Kill Bacteria
- The Top 10 Super-Spices that Protect Your Body
- The Health Benefits of Cinnamon
- How Curry Spice Helps the Immune System Kill Bacteria
- E. Coli Bacteria Easily Killed with Spices Like Garlic, Clove, Cinnamon, Oregano, and Sage
Improve Immune System
Spices eaten to boost the immune system aren’t weird or unusual spices that you have never heard of, they are common spices, such as ginger, curry, cloves and nutmeg. Many of these spices show up in winter dishes naturally and can help you fight off unwanted germs.
- Herbs and Spices to Boost Your Immune System
- Need to Boost Your Immune System? These Foods Will Help!
- How to Boost Your Immune System Naturally
- 7 Spices to Boost Your Immune System for the Winter
- The Top 10 Super Spices that Protect Your Body
Cinnamon is one of the most common mood elevating spices, and one that almost everyone has in their kitchen right now. If you get up in a bad mood, why not add some cinnamon to your oatmeal or toast? Cinnamon isn’t the only mood elevating spice; saffron has actually been shown to reduce symptoms of PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome).
- 7 Foods to Change Your Mood
- Spices for Depression They Seriously Can Spice Up Your Mood
- Spice Up Your Mood Baby!
- Spice Up Your Health with These 5 Common and Healthy Spices
- Spice for the Health of It
You’ve probably the heard the saying “add a little spice to your life.” Now you can add a little spice to your sex life. If you find that you aren’t in the mood as much as you’d like, you might want to try adding some heat to your food. Spicy food will increase your libido, so you can heat things up in the bedroom as well as in your food. Try some of these spices for yourself and see if you get any results.
- Spices to Spice You Sex Life
- Spices, Male Enhancement and Increased Sex Drive?
- How to Increase Libido and Lose Weight
- 10 Spices to Raise Your Sex Drive
- Four Spices That Increase Sex Drive
Catherine Ebeling and Mike Geary are co-authors of the popular book, Fat-Burning Kitchen, which shows you how to totally revamp your kitchen to make your body a fat-burning machine!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Your Fitness University
My Fitness Hut
Her Fitness Hut
Sports Fitness Hut
Rapid Fat Loss and Six Pack Abs