Losing the weight that you want to lose is only the first battle you fight when it comes to the war on weight loss; the next is actually maintaining that weight loss. Many people end up not only putting back on all the weight that they lost in the first place, but also more. So what are the tricks to keeping the weight off? These 30 bloggers give you tips on how to maintain your weight loss once you’ve reached your goal, healthy recipes to feed your new slimmer body, exercise tips to keep your routine fresh, and much more.
Tips on Maintaining Weight Loss
Maintaining a significant weight loss requires as much will power as losing it did, if not more. Many people think that once they lose the weight they can stop dieting, but you can’t go back to eating like you used to. These five blog entries will give you some tips to help you keep the weight off.
- Maintaining Weight Loss as Important as Losing it for Older Women
- Tips for Maintaining Weight Loss on Road Trips
- Best Tips for Maintaining Weight After Weight Loss
- How to Maintain Weight after Weight Loss to Keep it Off
- How to Maintain Weight Loss
Once you have lost the weight you may be able to add a few calories back into your diet, but it’s better to focus on changing the way you eat forever. Here are five blogs that contain healthy recipes that will allow you to have tasty dishes while creating eating habits that become the new normal for you.
- 10 Healthy Recipes to Kick off 2013
- 13 Healthy Recipes For a Healthy Start to 2013
- Immune-Boosting Foods: 14 Healthy Recipes
- Top 10 Healthy Recipes My Kids Love from 2012
- Have a Healthy New Year with Recipes from ‘Hungry Girl” Lisa Lillien
As you tackled your weight loss you probably did a lot of exercising, and with good reason: exercise is an essential part of burning calories and getting healthy. For some exercises to help you maintain your weight loss check out these five blogs.
- How to Lifehack Your Exercise into Everyday [Infographic]
- Exercise Tips to Keep You on Track Everyday
- 4 Sneaky Ways to Find Time to Exercise
- Add These Exercise Tips to Everyday
- Everyday Exercise: Tips and a True Example from Dr. Wollner
Many times keeping a food diary or journal is part of the weight loss process, but it’s not unusual for it to become tedious to log all of your meals. Maintaining a food journal, however, is a great way to stay accountable, even after you’ve reached your goal weight. Find out how and why keeping a food journal is helpful on these five blog posts.
- Keeping a Food Journal… to the Nth Degree!
- Keeping Food Journal to Keep Off the Weight
- Diet Detective—Starting a Food Journal
- Habits You Need to Help You Lose Weight and Keep it Off
- Keeping a Food Diary Keeps You Accountable
During this technology age it seems that everyone has a smart phone with them all the time. Why not utilize this tool by getting an app that will help you maintain your weight loss? Some suggestions can be found on these five blogs.
- With 30 Million Users, MyFitnessPal Launches a New API to Integrate with Fitbit, Runtastic and More
- Diet Assistant—Weight Loss
- The Best Fitness App
- Spark Recipes
- Healthy in a Hurry App iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
Change Your Relationship with Food
While there are many reasons for weight gain, one of the most common reasons is a poor relationship with food. You eat when you are happy by going out for a celebratory dinner, you eat when you are sad by eating ice cream right out of the carton, you eat when you’re stressed without even realizing that’s what you’re doing. These bloggers can offer suggestions on how to change your relationship with food so that you eat when you’re hungry, not emotional.
- Quit Calorie Counting! 10 Ways to Develop a Healthy Relationship with Food
- Change Your Relationship with Food and Exercise
- What is Your Relationship with Food?
- How to Create a New Relationship with Food w/ C. Orecchio
- Change Your Relationship with Food