Goals like losing weight, reducing stress and staying mentally sharp are challenging, but they’re also achievable. Unfortunately, many people fail at these type of goals, and the reason is simple: they try to do too much too fast, and as a result they end up overwhelmed and burned out. To increase your likelihood of success, you have to set mini goals and make small lifestyle changes over time. For tips on how to make easy lifestyle changes that will improve your health, read through these 21 blog articles.
One of the biggest reasons that people fail at sticking to an exercise plan is that they throw themselves into a strenuous workout routine despite having no exercise background. Instead of forging ahead full force, slowly build up to working out regularly. Find little ways to incorporate more movement into your days, such as parking farther from the store or taking the stairs at work. Commit to working out a few times a week, and start low with the weights and increase slowly. To learn more small changes that you can make, take a look at these seven blog entries.
- Small Lifestyle Changes Could Reduce Stroke Risk According to a study published in the American Heart Association Journal, staying active is one of seven ways that you can reduce your risk of stroke.
- 10 Small Steps You Can Take for Your Health Today! Small changes add up over time, so try taking the stairs instead of the elevator when you’re at work or if you are out and about.
- Doctors Agree Small Lifestyle Changes Can Improve Outcomes of Patients with Type 2 Diabetes, National Survey Finds If your destination is only a short distance away, considering walking instead of driving to fit in more movement to your day.
- Lifestyle Changes—Not a Revolutions but an Evolution Rather than circling the parking lot looking for a close parking space, pick a parking spot in the back so you can fit in a short walk.
- Improved Health Through Lifestyle Change By taking daily walks, you can decrease your blood pressure and other risk factors for various diseases.
- Simple Ways to Live a Healthier Lifestyle… It’s Up to You! Even if it’s just one day a week, turn off the television and do something physical with your family, such as taking a walk together around the neighborhood.
- 5 Lifestyle Changes to Increase Your Success If you live close enough, consider riding your bike to work instead of driving each day.
As much as you may want to believe you can completely overhaul your diet and have success, the truth is doing so can set you up for failure. Make small swaps each week instead, such as drinking water instead of soda, or replacing your afternoon bag of chips with fresh cut veggies and dip. For more tips on how to make small changes to your diet to help you achieve your weight loss goals, check out these seven blogs.
- 19 Tiny Lifestyle Changes You Can Make to Get Healthier Making small changes, such as switching from white bread to 100% whole wheat, will set you up for long-term success.
- Making Small Lifestyle Changes Like a Boss This post is full of small changes you can make to your diet, such as eliminating carbs from your diet after 7PM.
- How to Be Healthy: 11 Small Changes with Big Health Benefits Refined flours and sugars cause your insulin to spike, which often leads to overeating. Instead, try to eat a more plant-based diet to curb these spikes.
- Small Steps, Big Change To lower your insulin levels and decrease inflammation in your body, decrease the amount of refined sugars you consume.
- How to Prevent Obesity with Small, Easy Changes Skipping meals may seem like a good way to lose weight, however it really just sets you up to binge later on. Instead, start each day with a healthy breakfast to kick-start your metabolism.
- Adding Nuts to Your Diet Helps Reduce Risk for Major Diseases, Improves Health Adding a handful or two of nuts to your daily diet will help decrease the amount of bad cholesterol in your body.
- 30 Small Changes to Motivate a Fit Lifestyle When food shopping, stick to the outside aisles to avoid all of the processed foods in the center aisles.
Certain lifestyle behaviors, such as smoking, have a disastrous effect on our lives. While quitting cold turkey works for some people, it doesn’t work for everyone. If you find yourself unable to quit the habit cold, decrease the amount of cigarettes you smoke each day until you no longer find yourself craving one at all. Small changes like these make it easier to quit. These seven blog posts will help you with problematic behaviors and show you how to cut them out of your lifestyle for good.
- 7 Tips to Improve the Efficiency of Fat Loss Factor Program with Simple Lifestyle ChangesMeditating for 20 minutes every day can help increase your energy.
- 5 Steps to Better Health [Infographic] Many people don’t realize how much getting enough sleep affects your daily life. Strive to get a full night’s sleep every night for better health!
- 10 Small Lifestyle Changes for a Longer, Healthier Life Be social; people who stay active with friends and family live longer.
- 15 Small Steps You Can Take Today to Improve Anxiety Symptoms Restate negative self-talk into a positive statement to help better your life.
- Simple Lifestyle Changes May Improve Cognitive Function and Brain Efficiency Doing puzzles, like crosswords and word finds, on a daily basis helps keep the brain sharp.
- 10 Quick Lifestyle Changes That Will Drastically Improve Your Health Sometimes the simplest things, like flossing your teeth on a daily basis, help improve your health.
- The Real Obesity Cure: Small, Permanent Lifestyle Changes To help curb overeating, keep a food log. This will help you stay more accountable throughout the day.