Your body deserves better than what an extreme weight loss diet can give it. Food is meant for nourishment and enjoyment. An extreme weight loss diet will not help you develop good eating habits. And, you could end up hating to eat. Before you buy that next extreme weight loss diet program, read this article….
Just a quick note: there are some rapid FAT LOSS programs designed to be part of a long-term fat loss program. These programs are generally well designed and safe because they aren’t focused on starving you to lose weight. So, I’m not referencing these programs as extreme weight loss diets.
Here are 10 Reasons for you to Avoid Extreme Weight Loss Diet
1. The focus of the program is “quick weight loss only.” Transform your body’s composition to more muscle and less fat to keep weight loss off for good. That’s easier said than done but you must keep fat loss as your main goal when trying to lose weight.
It takes longer to transform your body’s composition, so be patient. Its worth the wait. Quick weight loss gimmicks will never work for you.
2. Severe calorie-restricted dieting will cause your body to store fat as a survival mechanism. A credible fat loss and weight loss program always allows you to eat enough food for your body to operate as it should.
That being said, you may have to prepare to eat less than you are accustomed. You cannot continue to maintain a caloric surplus (eat more calories than you burn) and still burn fat and lose weight.
3. There is usually no required exercise with these extreme programs. Physicians and health experts agree that the best way to lose weight and keep it off is through healthy, managed nutrition and regular exercise.
4. Your metabolism will slow and become wrecked if you continue to try every new extreme weight loss diet that hits the market!
5. Your immune system will weaken and health problems await you if you become a veteran of these harmful diets! Who wants to walk around with headaches and body aches all the time.
6. Extreme weight loss diets create hormonal imbalances and aggitates your nervous system. In other words, you will be a mess!
7. These diets generate loss of muscle mass. If you lose 20 pounds in 10 days using severe calorie restriction with no exercise, just about all of that weight loss will be due to lost muscle mass and some water weight! One of the best ways to speed up your metabolism is to increase muscle mass.
Muscle is metabolically active tissue and your body has to work harder to maintain muscle. You need to build a lean body that will give you good health and one that will last through the years of your life. If you rush the fitness process, it won’t work!
8. You won’t have enough energy to do anything the right way and that includes no energy to exercise.
9. Your sleeping patterns will be out of wack when on these type diets. Get enough sleep and stay away from long-term stress. Experts agree that you need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. These two imposters will wreck your metabolism and health!
Psychiatrist and psychotherapist, Tracey Marks, has written a great book entitled, “Master Your Sleep: Proven Methods Simplified.”
The book has helped me. In particular, my busy lifestyle can sometimes affect the quality of my sleep. You’d be surprised at how many disorders there are that can hinder your sleep patterns.
10. You will get short-term results with extreme weight loss diets and you are headed for yo-yo weight loss and more weight regain. This damages your health more and more with each weight cycling episode.
You don’t want any of these things, right?
Do you want to:
- Eat Better to be Healthier, Burn More Fat and Lose Permanent Weight?
- Have Your BEST Looking Body Naked or in Smaller-Sized Clothes?
- Feel Better than You have Felt in Months or Years?
- Have the Energy to Accomplish Your Daily Goals?
Be sure and register for my FREE 3-Step Fix-Your-Diet-Now Plan!
I will coach you to transform your body and its definitely not just about weight loss. You will learn what it takes to change your eating habits and lifestyle and start remaking your body a healthy, energized and lean fat-burning machine!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES